To avoid having to write "The End of Exams to the New Year, An essay by Miranda", which wouldn't not have been fun to read or write, I thought I would do a picture post to sum up everything that been happening, so here goes.... Drum roll please!.......
1. Week in Lorne (end of November) with some friends. Had an absolutely amazing time, met lots of great people and made many new friends that I see almost every week now.
2. Home to find a lovely email from my friend Samm that really touched my heart and after such a wonderful week away, coming back the happiest I had been in a long time... I was really quite speechless. Guess what? I was Blogger of the month over at Stash Manicure and had won a gorgeous fat quarter bundle of Riley Blake's Quite Contrary Fabric! I love it and it is even more gorgeous in person... I have so many quilt ideas, I can't decide! Thanks again Samm, and all the amazing people over at Stash :)
To see the whole collection- Click Here
3. Exam Results came out- I did really well in my exams and was really happy with my results and enter score. I also got over 40 in Studio Art (overall subject scores are marked out of 50) so my name appeared in the paper which was really exciting and I was really happy after all the work I had put in. I still haven't posted my Major Works have I? woops, will do soon.
4. Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild's last meeting for the year- Basted and decided (with the help of almost everyone in the room) how I should hand quilt my Just Dreaming Summer Quilt. I also had to resew a few dodgy seams prior to Basting, after realising (after the whole top had been pieced) that the tension must have been a bit off and as a result the seam was loose (note to self: always check the seam after sewing). Luckily I didn't have to take the whole top apart, but it wasn't fun.
|Basting & Marking|
5. Perth- spent 2 and a half weeks there over Christmas and New Year with family and friends.
|My uncles famous Trifle and my aunties Christmas fruit salad- YUM!|
*It was also my Birthday in December :)
* I took my Just Dreaming Summer quilt but didn't do any hand quilting- too busy, too hot and too humid.
6. After Perth we spent a week in Bali. We had a great time shopping in the markets, eating, visiting temples, lounging by the pool, walking on the beach, more eating and just relaxing.
|View from our apartment|
|The beach was just in front of our hotel|
7. I received my stocking from the MMQG Christmas stocking swap. This is my stocking from Clair, I love it! And not only did I receive a gorgeous stocking...it was filled with all sorts of goodies including: Chocolates, buttons and fabric (in my favourite colours and including Owl Fabric!! oh my goodness) which was really kind and generous of her. Which has made me feel a bit awful for not putting as much in my stocking. I had intended to make some things and fill it with things from my favourite shop Patchwork House but we were so busy before going to Perth I just ran out of time :(
BUT...I'm making her something special soon, its a surprise...Hi Annabelle! :D
8. Received Uni Offers = Really Happy. See previous post "A new beginning and a world of opportunities"
9. Almost finished hand quilting :)
10. Enrolment day for Uni = even more excited!
11. I have a bit of an owl obsession (it has become a bit of a joke between my friend and I)
My friend...She isn't a sewer...in fact she has a fear of sewing needles
but she made me this really cute little owl for my Birthday! I love it so I thought I would share it with you. I'm so proud of her! And even more exciting is that she said to me yesterday that she wants to learn to sew and asked me if I would teach her!
and that sums up what's been happening... so as you can see its been pretty hectic, and those are just the major things! This post still ended up being longer than expected- well done if you've made it to the end!
Anyway, I'm off to sit in front of the aircon- It's 40 degrees here today and we don't have aircon or a fan in the study so I'm melting as I type.
Hope you have a lovely week
Miranda & Charlie