Sunday, May 30, 2010

First meeting of the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild

Last Saturday, after much excitement, we had the very first meeting of the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild!
I had a wonderful time and it was great to meet and get to know so many lovely and inspirational people. I am having trouble at this time of night, finding words to describe the day, but it was definately the highlight of my week.
In the morning we had a show and tell where we got to see everyones beautiful quilts & things and works in progress. I took my first quilt and the Just dreaming Summer and Fancy free quilts that I am working on at the moment.
These are some of the pictures that the amazing Helene took and she even took some of me, 
Thanks Helene!  :)

Fabric Swap! Lots of fun and came home with some great fabrics
 Still a work in progress
                                                               Finished quilt top!

Thankyou so much Helene and Adele for your hardwork in organising the guild and the first meeting, and for making the day so much fun and thankyou also to Esther for organising the fun fabric swap! 

Hope everyone had a great time,

Miranda and Charlie 
 Ps. went to a quilting workshop yesterday so hopefully you will hear about it very soon.



1 comment:

  1. The Guild looks like it was heaps of fun. I'd like to start something up here in Brisbane, but simply do not have the time (I have a 7 week old baby). Keep posting so I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comments, I really appreciate your support and encouragement and I always enjoy reading them :) If you have any questions feel free to ask, Thanks for stopping by!
Hope your having a lovely day :)