Friday, November 7, 2014

Slow down 2014 I haven't finished all my quilts!

Oh my goodness 2014 is going way too fast! Here is a quick post of what I have been working on over the past months, with more photos to come. I need to get better at remembering to post these pictures as I go, we all know what my New Years Resolution will be don't we!

This year has been the year of "seize the day and the stash". I'm very good at hoarding fabric and making excuses like "I'm waiting for the perfect project to come along", "I can't choose what quilt design" or "I'm waiting for the perfect quilt idea". I'm sure I'm not the only one out there guilty of this, but sometimes you just have to embrace the sewing bug when it comes and seize that stash and stop putting off cutting into that fabric bundle!

Quite Contrary Quilt (aka Strawberry Fields Quilt) for my little cousin 




I made this using the Go! Baby cutter and a fat quarter bundle of Quite Contrary by My Minds Eye for Riley Blake. I won both of these from the lovely Madame Samm over at Stash Manicure/Sew! We Quilt a few years ago and was stashing it away for until the perfect project came along or a day I had the sewing bug. So an enormous thankyou and hugs again Madame Samm for re-inspiring me and helping me catch the quilting bug again :)

 The Go! Cutter was so exciting to work with, perfect for the sudden must sew now moment I was having and within minutes I was able to turn a whole fat quarter bundle into perfect squares and start playing around with patterns and sewing it together. I was definitely in a must sew now can't handle fussing around mood, and cutting squares would usually have taken me hours and they would certainly have not been lovely neat squares! I was so excited I kept running down to show mum how many squares I'd ended up with in minutes. I hope I'm not the only one that gets excited but hundreds of colourful little squares...

Anywho, the plain cream squares I was thinking of stitching flowers and strawberries on, but I'm undecided at the moment and stuck on how to quilt it. I found some gorgeous backing fabric last weekend, so I will take pictures of it when it's light again.

Boutique Quilt

 
The fabric is Boutique by Chez Moi for Moda. I bought the fabric a couple of years ago I think and was again "stashing it away",this time I knew what I wanted to do with it as I had a layout guide for it based on a quilt I'd seen at the fabric store, but it was a case of too many other projects on the go at that time. But here it is so far! I can't decide whether or not to add a boarder around the outside in the same colour as the sashing, so I would love to hear your thoughts, what do you think?

Figure 8 Scarf

 I also made a figure 8 scarf recently using Anna Maria Horner's Figuring the 8 tutorial. I absolutely adore figure 8 scarves and have been eyeing off this tutorial for years.The fabric is The Birds and the Bees by Tula Pink on one side and a dark navy minky on the other side...so very thick and snuggly and perfect for taking to the snow next season! I'll try to take some better photos over the weekend.

In other news, I have FINALLY finished the Just Dreaming Summer Quilt that I started 5 years ago and have only just finished, very excited and can't wait to show you pictures of it, stay tuned :)

Have a lovely weekend,

Miranda, Charlie & Ollie




12 comments:

  1. So nice to see you in my blog roll again, Miranda! I love your two quilts, and I wouldn't put a border on the second quilt unless you want to make it bigger. It looks very modern just as it is! And no, you're not the only one who gets excited about neat little piles of fabric squares! Enjoy your scarf - you could use it here today - brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen that every person wants to express their feelings but they are not able to express their feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post is very beautiful, it seems that you have expressed your feelings Has expressed. Hi, you are a person who writes a very beautiful post, in the same way, you keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. Clothing
    Bussiness Dropshipping
    establish good relationship
    Gurgaon VIP Girl
    Gurugram Party Girl
    Gurgaon Dating Girl
    VIP Girl Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comments, I really appreciate your support and encouragement and I always enjoy reading them :) If you have any questions feel free to ask, Thanks for stopping by!
Hope your having a lovely day :)