Hope everyone is having a great week,
Today will be the first Charlie & Agility feature, so without further adue, I would like to officially introduce you to Charlie....
Name: Commonly known as Charlie but also referred to as Charles or Mr Charles. I'm sure there are other nicknames...just can't remember!
Breed: Cavoodle- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel x Poodle.
Height: 17.125", so in Agility he jumps 16 inches.
Weight: about 10kg
Born: 11/11/2004 so he is 6 at the moment. Getting old Charlie!!
*Squeaky ball (which he will drop at your feat incessantly and could probably play fetch for hours . Recently he has taken to dropping it at the to of the stairs and running after it!)
*His rope (which he likes to fling and throw in the air and at the person he's playing with)
Favourite Treat: He loves Chicken and also Carrot (strangely)
Naughties Habit: He likes to steal everyone's socks and gardening gloves which he then flings around or hoards them in his bed! Its his Stash. He also likes to bring sticks inside.
He also likes getting the cats in trouble. And will bark at them, especially the ginger one-Fluffy, when they're being naughty and he will come and nudge me.
* His naughtiest habit recently, would have to be stealing bread of the bench, even if its in a bag. We have no idea how he reaches it, but he especially likes the cheese and bacon bread rolls that we buy!
What I love about Charlie: To name a few...
- Really great with Children
- Great with other dogs and he LOVES cats- he thinks all cats are like our cat Fluffy and I have to tell him that not all cats would appreciate a big lick on the face!
- He's full of character and personality
- His gentle, loving nature
- Highly intelligent/ easy to train
- A great friend & always there accompanying me in my adventures
- Dad and I were talking the other day about how he seems to have a bit of an Off button. He can switch between lazy, sleeping & lying around Charlie, to crazy, silly and playful Charlie and back again almost on command. This is great because when we have had enough of the little brown blur racing around the house with the cat, we say "stop" or "that's enough" and he settles down! amazing!
- 2 and a half years of Obedience
- 4 years of Agility and we have been competing (not very regularly) for the past 2 and half years.
- A vast range of Tricks- I use to Google Dog Tricks when we ran out of things in the books to train! We also did a bit of service dog training off the internet- including opening cupboards, draws and doors.
- Recently we have learnt how to fetch our lead and collar and I'm trying to teach him to fetch the newspaper at the moment- he's still intent on chewing it though!
*When I was 13 & 14 I use to work/volunteer as an instructor in a puppy preschool and in obedience classes. A couple of years ago I was offered a place on an accredited Instructor course at the club I am currently with, however I didn't have the time with school, but I am hoping to do that one day along with getting my accreditation in Dog Training & Behaviour. At the moment I have been helping some friends with their dogs.
Phew! So this is Charlie and now you know a little more about what else I do :)
I know it's not quilting but I hope you found it a bit interesting and enjoyed the pictures. I have been searching and searching through my computer for good pictures of Charlie and have accumulated quite a large folder now, although I am still trying to find his puppy pictures, they must be hiding somewhere...
Coming up Next week, I will share a little more about Agility and what it is.
Miranda & Charlie